1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Bluetooth Anyone?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by James Martin, 2016/07/02.

1. 2016/07/12
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

That may very well be your problem. As I stated earlier my Dongle kit cost $20.00 and comprised dongle and 3" CD only. Most Smart phones these days are supplied with a wall charger and a USB charging cable which also allows the user to connect their phone to their comp with the cable. If the phone is not recognized when connected to the comp, you may need to change the USB settings. Samsung Hash code to enable this is *#0808# which you dial from the phone keypad. When the Menu opens you check MTP+ADB and OK out. That ensures it is able to communicate with Media Transfer.
    A charging cable at such a low cost may be the reason it's not recognized. Try and get a 'Genuine' phone brand cable and see if that fixes your problem.

2. 2016/07/12
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

With my phone (Samsung S4 Mini Android), what happens when I connect my phone to my computer is controlled by a setting in my phone, not my computer. So check your phone manual/settings before assuming something is broken.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/07/12
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member Thread Starter

There is no phone setting for cable transfer that I am aware of. I have MP3 players that function that way though.

Neil, this an LG 440G flip phone.

5. 2016/07/13
    retiredlearner

I realize that James as I looked up the Owner Manual to see if there was any relevant info in there. the process I outlined was to do with Samsung and I have a sheet in my Samsung folder with 20 Hash codes for testing and checking Samsung phones. Each manufacturer will have something similar - I also have a list of Huawei Hash codes which I used for my previous smartphones. The reason I Posted that process was if your phone won't communicate with your comp - that is one necessary way to do it. Also, your comp will need the ADB driver and it may have to be set for USB De-bugging mode.
    You may have to do quite a bit of research on Google as Technicians use Hash codes to save time and pinpoint where the problem is when trying to fix your phone. Neil.

6. 2016/07/13
    James Martin

Neil, I tried dialing *#0808# and pressed the dial button and a satellite image showed up with the words "USSD Service ". I then saw a yellow exclamation point with the words "unexpected data ". What does that mean?

7. 2016/07/13
    retiredlearner

Obviously not suitable Hash code for your phone.
    Found this little tidbit in a Review site. TracfoneReviewer: LG 440G Review - Tracfone Might be worth reading through this link as comments and questions by owner/users will help you James. Data transfer is by Bluetooth ONLY according to comments. Some found that certain Bluetooth devices were not recognized on their phone.o_O:oops: Neil.

8. 2016/07/14
    James Martin

I saw that review, Neil, and it corresponds with user comments from other web sites.

The camera on this phone leaves a lot to be desired, so I am not too discouraged about file transfer issues, although I may purchase a better dongle later on. At least I can use the USB cable as a car charger after I locate a USB cigarette adapter.

9. 2016/07/14
    retiredlearner

Funny, when I was in the Motor Industry the word was No Smoking in motor vehicles. But we still use cigarette lighter units in cars for the modern electronic items. o_O New cars these days have USB connectors installed both in dash and in the rear for rear seat passengers to use. I have a problem with an adapter - I bought a $20 in car Bluetooth unit. It fits on the steering wheel and is supplied with a charging cable with a cigarette plug at one end and micro USB at the other. The problem I have is that the cable won't reach from the steering wheel to the normal cigarette adapter in the centre console!!! :eek::( I wonder if they were saving on wiring to keep the cost of the unit down.;) Neil.
    This what you want? mBeat Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kit with 2.1A Charging Port (MB-BT300) | Handsfree Speakerphones |

Last edited: 2016/07/14
  10. 2016/07/14
    James Martin

11. 2016/07/15
    retiredlearner

2.1 Amp charging?? Your USB charging cable supplied with the phone will go into the USB connector with the Lightning symbol. Unfortunately they have sold out but it gives you an idea of what you could look for. Neil.