1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

blue screen of death: Stop: c000021a

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SVEN, 2005/10/27.

1. 2005/12/25
    SVEN

SVEN Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi All

First, Merry Christmas, and thanks for your time.

I have unplugged and re-plugged every thing in my computer to no avail, I get a blue screen. Then some one told me to disable the heat sensors in my bios and now the system boots fine.

I don’t understand that at all, because the system is cold when I boot the first time of the day. That is when I get the blue screen. After it is warmed up, I can boot all I want, and I will not get a blue screen.

What I disabled in bios was: PC Health Status. It lets me set the shutdown temperature to 60, 65, 70 and disabled. It was set to 70 when I get the blue screen. I will try the other settings also.

Perhaps I should explain that a couple of month ago I upgraded my CPU from a 2000+ to a 3000+ mobile CPU, and I followed direction on the thermal past application, but I am no expert. Would it be a good idea if I redo this? If so, what do you use to get the old stuff of the cpu and heat sink?

Anyway, I hope you had a very merry Christmas and thanks for your replays.

Sven