1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Application error: unable to detect ASPI manager

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Brice3010, 2005/01/04.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/01/04
    Brice3010

Brice3010 Inactive Thread Starter

I installed Nero 6 on my system, running very well; then I added Clone CD, Alcohol 120%, Isobuster, Nero Vision Express 2, DVDXCopy Express, CloneDVD, all working fine (well, that is, I burn and copy regular cd's, but so far I have not done any DVD burning or copying).

Today I installed Intervideo WinDVD Creator, and when starting this app, following message appears: "Application error: unable to detect ASPI manager ".

Nero Infotool shows "ASPI is not installed" under the tab "System ASPI ", and "ASPI is installed and working properly" under the Nero ASPI tab.

How can I get WinDVD Creator to run properly, and are there any links to a decent explanation on how to handle this aspi thing?

thanks for any help!!
    Erik

2. 2005/01/04
    Newt

Newt Inactive

ASPI = Advanced SCSI Programming Interface

A fairly common way for some burning apps to access the drive. Been known to cause some problems with XP. Pretty good run-down Here.

More info and some good links for getting the ASPI stuff (that apparently does not come with XP) Here.

You might want to get This plug in from the Nero folks.

Giving you nothing but links mainly because there is no reason to cover stuff here that those more targeted forums have done in good detail.

Newt,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/01/05
    Brice3010

Brice3010 Inactive Thread Starter

Newt, I owe you one (here in belgium I would take you for a beer; since we are in a virtual world, I will get you a virtual "Duvel" or "trappist" -belgian specialty beer-).

Your input did work, problem solved!

..and thank you for those links, I was asking for nothing more..

5. 2005/01/05
    Rockster2U

Rockster2U Geek Member

Excellent links - should be required reading. I just put em' in storage and the next time they get pulled out, someone will be calling me a genius - I'll flash a Cabarras Smile - Thanks.

;)

6. 2005/01/05
    Newt

Newt Inactive

Brice - glad it got you sorted out. With the size of my belly, a virtual beer is probably a better idea anyway. ;)

Rockster - if you don't give me credit when you use those links, I'll sue. :mad: :mad: :D

Newt,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.