1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Advanced System Care

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Bulldogs Sweety, 2017/04/27.

1. 2017/04/27
    Bulldogs Sweety

Bulldogs Sweety Well-Known Member Thread Starter

My husband has Windows 10. I know nothing about Windows 10 because i use Windows 7. Anyway, a message pops up on his computer and wants him to update a program called Advanced System Care. It says new version is ready and now available. I don't know whether to let it update as I don't know if this is a good thing to have. When I googled the program, some info said it is good to have and some said that other programs were installed and not good. So, I don't know whether to let the program update or uninstall it, etc.

I guess I will have to learn Windows 10 sometimes, but so many of my students and colleagues that have Windows 10, our software has issues.

Anyway, can you help with this.

Thank you.

2. 2017/04/27
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

You don't need it. Most probably it was installed as a part of some other program. Uninstall it.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/04/27
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Cancel the update or ignore it until your husband can decide. FWIW - I would say it is entirely unnecessary in W10 as the OS works 100% without 3rd. party software.

5. 2017/05/01
    Bulldogs Sweety

Bulldogs Sweety Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thank you very much. So glad I can get help here.

6. 2017/05/04
    mopar Lifetime Subscription

mopar Well-Known Member

Advanced System Care is a first class software. I've used it for several years and has gotten me out of several problems.
    Wouldn't be without it.

One word of caution, do nothing with the pop up, instead go into Advanced System Care choose update. If you are using a free copy the one that the pop up refers to is paid version. How ever the little bit they will charge for the software is more than worth it.

7. 2017/05/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

As stated previously, this type of software is not necessary in W10 as there is Security and Optimization builtin. It will not make your comp run faster as this is determined by the hardware specs of your comp.

8. 2017/05/05
    mopar Lifetime Subscription

mopar Well-Known Member

retiredlearner

Reread my post, it says nothing about making your comp. faster.
    It saved me possibly 2 or 3 times of reloading Windows. I've used it on XP, 7 and on 10 with no problems.

I use most options.

upload_2017-5-5_21-18-22.png