1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

XP Fixes Myth #1: Registry Cleaners

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bill Castner, 2007/01/06.

1. 2007/01/26
    HumBug

HumBug Well-Known Member

Top ten registry cleaners compared

More opinions by experts-2007 Registry Software Support
    http://registry-repair-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

I read other peoples opinions -but never take them as gospel and make up my own mind on what I feel is best for me in my circumstances and needs.

You can get many opinions from experts.

You do not need a registry program to stuff up your computer-back in the old DOS days I entered deltree\y in the root directory C:\ - cleaned off every folder on the PC very quickly.

2. 2007/03/01
    charlesvar

charlesvar Inactive Alumni

Fred Langa's opinion on using reg cleaners:

Windows Secrets Newsletter "¢ Issue 98 "¢ 2007-03-01

Regards - Charles

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/03/01
    Johanna

Johanna Inactive Alumni

I think Fred is saying some of us are going to play with the tools no matter what anyone says, and he is assuming we are a special breed who probably won't break their computers the process. He's not advising inexperienced people to go into the registry either.
    Johanna

5. 2007/03/01
    Dytrog

Dytrog Inactive

I had not really given it much thought. I do know I have ran regcure. I had quite a list of "bad" ? I didn't know what they were ! So I quarantined them. I found some programs would not work. I didn't know which quarantined object it was. just the date. so I restored all. still didn't work. I deleted regcure.

6. 2007/03/01
    charlesvar

charlesvar Inactive Alumni

Hi Dytrog,

You should have created a manual System Restore point to restore the registry/Windows files to or backed up the registry.

Part of the smart use of these tools, or any tool, is giving yourself the means to revert back to the status quo ante. Anyone not taking these steps is running a bigger risk than needs to be taken.

Regards - Charles

7. 2007/03/01
    Dytrog

Dytrog Inactive

Yep I guess i just like learn by f'in up. i remember it then. if i do it right i'll forget and f up next time anyway :confused: