1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Internet Explorer 7 Beta

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by Welshjim, 2006/02/01.

1. 2006/02/17
    HumBug

HumBug Well-Known Member

The only problem I have come across is it has effected MSN Search Toolbar.

When I choose the Indexing options on the MSN Search it tells me Outlook Express and Outlook are not installed and asks why. Both programs are and both work.

Uninstalling and reverting to IE6 did not fix the problem. MSN blame Microsoft -so I just put up with the problem as it is not critical to my needs.

2. 2006/02/17
    NJOls

NJOls Inactive

IE 7 Beta

I had been running IE7 for over a week when I discovered trouble with McAfee. After researching McAfee (for hours) I finally got a message that it was IE7 causing the problem and I should uninstall it until Microsoft "patches it in the next Beta version." (The problem was there was no manual operation eg virus scanning, downloading, reinstalling, etc. The same was true from the McAfee Security Center.)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/02/17
    Quentin

Quentin Inactive

I have been running IE7 since its release & the only flaws I have found, is that since installing, every time I open & then close a windows folder I end up with a second blank folder.

Also I am unable to move or change the proportions of the address bar.

Love the tabbed browsing as well as the zoom feature.

Overall I found it to be very good.

Last edited: 2006/02/17
  5. 2006/02/24
    Rista

Rista Well-Known Member

E-mail link in Seven

Hi Reasearch Team,

I have a question: What did they do with the link to the e-mail program in the menubar over Tools. It is no longer there. Do you have any alternative way to do this ?

Regards - Rista

[SIZE= "1"]PS: Thanks Roger for the tip on Maxthon the last time I was here, I waited till the new version 2 was out. Use it mainly now a days when Seven gets on your nerves!!![/SIZE]:)

6. 2006/02/24
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

I remember somebody else asking about this a while back. I don't think they ever got a definite answer though. I don't have IE7 anymore so I can't say for sure but maybe you can add it to the toolbar. Right click on the toolbar and choose customize. Look in the left pane to see if there's a mail button you can add. If it's not there, my guess is they took it out, for now anyway.

7. 2006/02/24
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

You can find it from the menu:

Page > Send this Page...

8. 2006/02/24
    Rista

Rista Well-Known Member

Seven ( not Ups, but Downs!)

Zander: I had already checked for an icon under customising options. It's not there. They have simply swiped that convenient option as it was in Tools in IE6. Thanks any way.

Arie: This is not the option for accessing the e-mail (Outlook in my case) only a dicey way of sending a page. I tried this option and it says it cannot send the page, if I would like to send Hypertext Link instead. "Yes ", I said, and the whole thing crashed on me ! http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=022420062147569nd.jpg

Regards - Rista

9. 2006/02/25
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Oh, yea, misread your post.

I doubt if they want that link on the toolbar. IMHO its useless. I have yet to meet someone (you're the 1st?) that uses the Read Mail link to open their email program....

My IE 7s Send this Page works fine:

10. 2006/02/25
    r.leale Lifetime Subscription

r.leale Well-Known Member

Hi all you beta users,

I like it, especially the new type face it started with, but it has had a few little hiccoughs on my machine. I am using IE6, IE7, Firefox, and Maxthon, and Maxthon is the only one with which I could get the thumbnails that Arie posted in his last post. With IE7 Beta I find that on some web sites the tab key will not move the cursor to the next data input place, but just jumps the page down a bit. Not serious, but annoying!

Roger