1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How to insert a Hub between modem and router?

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by dexter007, 2007/01/27.

1. 2007/02/02
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

No problemo!

2. 2007/02/02
    Purple Haze Lifetime Subscription

Purple Haze Well-Known Member

Kids and the Internet

Would it not be easy enough to apply some privacy/security/content settings to block certain things? How old are your kids? They may already know everything you want to block :)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/02/02
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

That would surely work.
    When my kids were younger and I occasionally monitored the network traffic, all I had to do was show them... "look, this is what you wrote to your friend Mary ". They were awed that dad could "wiretap" their net info and as a result they tended to curb their surfing, language, etc, they practiced better judgement and ethics. That only works until they hit about 15-16 rs old though!

5. 2007/02/05
    Purple Haze Lifetime Subscription

Purple Haze Well-Known Member

Kids and the Internet

Well, then..............all I can tell you at this point is............Good Luck!! If they're that old already, they probably are aware of as much as Dad and Mom. I'm sure mine were at that age - or at least thought they did :) . Hopefully the time you've spent raising them will let them understand that some things are just not right.