1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Connecting 2 PCs On Different Windows Version

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by Firda Yasmin, 2004/05/02.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/05/14
    Firda Yasmin

Firda Yasmin Inactive Thread Starter

Once Mudd said in his message:

"The People on the BBS Forum will always be glad to answer your questions and to help with any future problem. There are some very knowledgeable folks here and very generous with with their expertise. "

Yes, Mudd. I agree with you. There are many honest experts here. We can depend on them. That's why I post my problem in this great board! I'll post the other problem. This time about my 40 GB Maxtor hard disk. It become sooooooo sloooooooooow! I'll post it on the hardware section once I've time. At this moment I have to concentrate on my exams. Thanks for your support. Actually it's my friend's problem. I just want to help her.

Jim,

Thanks for your support, too.

For all of the people here, thank you very much and have a nice day and happy weekend.

Cheers,

Yasmin

2. 2004/05/14
    Newt

Newt Inactive

If it works but file manipulations (find, change, save, etc.) are getting slower and slower it is unlikely to be a hardware issue.

If you are seeing lots of hardware-type errors in your event logs, then it could well be drive or drive controller but if it is getting worse that quickly, failure probably isn't far down the road.

Best of luck with the exams.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/05/14
    Firda Yasmin

Firda Yasmin Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks, Newt.

I just run the diagnostic test from the Maxtor and it said everything is OK. But when I check the SMART status with the other proggie, it shows that the Performance having serious or severe degradation. The value for the performance is 1, while failure value is 0 (zero) and the normal value should be over 250.

The problem is that when I move one big file (e.g. 600 MB) from one folder to the other folder need time more than 10 minutes. My Pc is Pentium 4 2.0 GHz with 256 MB DDR 2700.

I bought it on August 2003, It is still in guarantee term? Can I claim a replacement from Maxtor? How?

Once again, thank you very much for your kind attention and best support.

Cheers,

Yasmin

5. 2004/05/14
    Newt

Newt Inactive

You do ask tough questions. :D

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7220

Note - the page loaded slowly for me but it did load.

If you lived in the US (or bought your system in the US) the answer would be an easy "No ". But .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.