1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Connecting 2 laptops for file sharing?

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by Vicki, 2023/07/28.

1. 2023/07/28
    Vicki

Vicki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Title explains what I would like to accomplish, but I have no idea how to get there! There are pictures/folders on each laptop that I would like to view and don't want to copy them from one laptop to the other if I can avoid that.
    Is this possible and how do I go about doing it? I do have a wireless router (both laptops are connected to that). Is this similar to "home networking"? I haven't a clue how that works either!

Thanks!

2. 2023/07/29
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2023/07/29
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

If you are willing to connect the 2 laptops with LAN cable, get a crossover cable. Share the files/directories you want to share & you are done. Maximum speed with minimum hassles.

5. 2023/08/07
    Vicki

Vicki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I did decide to copy all the files I had originally planned to share, on a flash drive and then copied them to my other laptop. Now I have them on both laptops along with them saved on a flash drive! Don't know why I didn't want to do this originally?? Must have been a 'duh' moment!

6. 2023/08/08
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Why not use a cloud service like OneDrive to keep your data in cloud & get auto sync in all the devices ?

7. 2023/08/08
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Well done Vicki.;)
    You followed rsinfo. KISS. :D:D:D