1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Bing problem

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by Jack57, 2020/02/16.

1. 2020/02/16
    Jack57

Jack57 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Just in the past few days when I search something with Edge, Bing only gives me videos and images, even though All is selected at the top of the page. I have tried resetting the content mode, and resetting the number of results to display. Nothing changes. Just for a few seconds, when I go to the 2nd page of results all of the search results are displayed and then they're gone and the page again has videos and images only displayed again. I tried to set Google as the default search engine but the selection in Advanced to change providers is greyed out. I can type in Google.com and then search and that works normally. I have tried both normal and private mode with the same results. Anyone else ever run into this?

2. 2020/02/16
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Edge and Bing are my default browser and search engine too. And it works properly here.

Are these videos only from a single source? For example, YouTube only?

Have you tried Bing with Chrome or FireFox to see what happens?

I found another case similar to yours and it seems the problem was the Region was set to International. They switched it to the US and English and the problem went away.

Bill,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2020/02/16
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

5. 2020/02/16
    Jack57

Region and language are correct. Rebooted, no help. I went into my Microsoft account and deleted all my search history. No help. Finally went to Google.com and then went to Advanced and set my search provider to Google as default. Problem gone. I won't call this solved. I'm going to keep at it until I figure it out and I will let you know when I get it solved. Thanks, Jack

6. 2020/02/17
    Bill

If me, I would clean out the clutter by running Windows own Disk Cleanup or CCleaner, then reboot just for kicks. Then go back in and set your search provider default back to Bing and see if the problem returns.

Bill,
  7. 2020/03/01
    Jack57

Bill I use CCleaner every time I shut down. I have been trying Bing a few times on and off since I switched to Google, same problem until today. All of a sudden it returned to normal and I have been wearing it out trying to have it act up again. It's back to the Bing I know and love, for unknown reasons. If it acts up again, I'll let you know. Walking away shaking my head. Jack

8. 2020/03/01
    Bill

Well, I have seen "time" sort things about before. Let's hope it sticks. Thanks for the followup post.

Bill,