1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[YouTube] Favorites Problem

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by artful, 2008/05/15.

1. 2008/05/15
    artful

artful Inactive Thread Starter

Went to Youtube and wanted to save a video as a favorite. Got the error message for Microsoft Internet Explorer - need a valid email address...never had this happen before. Have linkstash installed (favorites manager) which has worked fine. What could be causing this? Thanks for any help...Michelle:confused:

2. 2008/05/15
    broni

broni Moderator Malware Analyst

How do you do this? Or, you meant, saving a web page as a favorite?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/05/16
    artful

Clarificatin of Problem

HI...when you go to Youtube you can save a video you watched to a favorites file on their site. Has nothing to do with internet explorer favorites. But still receiving the message INternet Explorer need a valid email address. Tried to contact Youtube but couldn't. Hope this clarifies my error. Thanks..Michelle

5. 2008/05/16
    broni

broni Moderator Malware Analyst

Oh, it's clear now.
    You may try posting your question at their forum: http://www.youtubecommunityforum.com/

6. 2008/05/17
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Are you logged in with your Youtube membership when you get the error?

7. 2008/05/17
    artful

Found the Answer - well two answers

Even though I had the youtube account for three years it was telling me in its own way that an email confirmation for account registration never occurred. So I found confirm email button, confirmed email and it works now.

What's strange is that before I found the data in the help pages...I reregistered in youtube using goggle signin with different name. No problem adding favorites and no confirmation email.
    Don't know why the registering a second time worked without the email confirmation and probably never will. Hopefully this post will help anyone else who experiences this problem and tries to work with youtube support which is really ugly. Thanks...Michelle