1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[Yahoo and Facebook pages blank, etc .....]

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by Madison Paige, 2010/09/04.

1. 2010/09/04
    Madison Paige

Madison Paige Inactive Thread Starter

I can't read my yahoo mail, the screen is mostly white blank. My Facebook home page is a white blank page and i can't access my friends, apps, etc. on facebook. I have completely scanned my pc with McAfee, Malware bytes, Norton 360, AVG, and Stinger with no viruses detected. How can I fix this problem? Thanks

I have Windows Vista, Internet 7

2. 2010/09/06
    mattman

mattman Inactive Alumni

Check the system requirements or FAQs for those webpages.

You might need to update your Java or something like Adobe Flash Player.
    www.java.com
    www.adobe.com

Matt

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/09/07
    Madison Paige

Madison Paige Inactive Thread Starter

I have checked the system requirements or FAQs for these webpages I also updated my Java and Adobe Flash Player.

I can sign in and read my other emails on Yahoo, Hotmail, gmail, etc.

It seems that the home pages of my most visited websites are all a white blank...............Yahoo mail, Facebook, Local newspapers, etc. My McAfee security program comes up a white blank when I try to run a scan from it.
    I have completely scanned my pc with Malware bytes, Norton 360, AVG,Stinger, GMER, MBRCheck and McAfee with no viruses detected. Does anyone know what could be my problem and how I can fix it? Thanks for you help.

5. 2010/09/07
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Start by deleting your browsing history.

If you still have a problem, run IE without Add-ons: type iexplore.exe -extoff in Vista's Start Search box.

Once you get the problem solved, update to IE8.

Arie,
  6. 2010/09/07
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive

Use Aries suggestions. A bad, outdated or fussy extension or addon can be a pain and must be eliminated but a possible work around may be reloading the page by hitting the F5 key or use "refresh ". Does this help?

While I don't have this problem in yahoo mail I have something similar on facebook "HOME" switching between new and recent. I must hit F5 each time or I get blank home page. Haven't found a permanent fix yet. I have deleted temp and cache using various ways and apps. Nothing works thus far except the refresh. This also is only in IE. Neither firefox nor chrome have a problem. The above is the best I can offer at the moment.

Last edited: 2010/09/07