1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Word prints tables wrong

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by kompiler, 2002/03/22.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/03/22
    kompiler

kompiler Inactive Thread Starter

Totally confused -

Sometimes when I print documents from MSWord (Office 97) with tables in them, the table gets all scrunched up into a single column. All the columns become superimposed and I end up with a single column at the end of the page.

I have checked the printer settings and they seem fine.

If I print the document from another computer using the same printer through the network, they print fine! (the printer is directly connected to the problem computer)

The margin settings from within word don't appear abnormal and it didn't happen in the past, if anyone has any ideas, please help.

Thanks.

(The problem computer is running Windows 2000, computers on network run 95)

Last edited: 2002/03/22
  2. 2002/05/03
    Pinocchio

Pinocchio Guest

Sounds like you have a difference in settings in the documents. Are you using Word loaded from a server -- or does each computer have its own copy of Word?

Is the document the same in each case? Or is one a copy of the other?

Have you tried to print the very same file (shared) from both computers?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/05/03
    kompiler

Hi thanks for posting back! I thought this post would be dead and buried.
    I'm still experiencing the problems though, so your help is appreciated.

In answer to your question, each computer has its own copy of Word (from Office 97)

5. 2002/05/03
    kompiler

Hi thanks for posting back! I thought this post would be dead and buried.
    I'm still experiencing the problems though, so your help is appreciated.

In answer to your question, each computer has its own copy of Word (from Office 97)

Also, they are the same documents. I have tried printing from different computers and they print fine.

If you can offer any more suggestions it would be helpful

Kompiler

6. 2002/05/06
    Pinocchio

Pinocchio Guest

Well, Ive seen this before

And here's my take:
    I fixed my problem when I added RAM to the printer. But that was when it was dedicated to one computer. After it performed fine for years, my service dealer suggested the upgrade.

So, judging from what you describe, the difference is in the computers that are sending a print request. That explains as well when you said "sometimes" it misbehaves. I'm just dumb and stupid, but I'd like to suggest someone respond who understands memory.

I'm guessing that 'sometimes' you are making heavier demands on the print spooler. At these times, the memory on the one client finds no place to feed the printer memory and attempts to store information in order of priority, the content being higher than format.

Now go gently fellows, I've been wrong before. Mostly, in fact. That's why I read BBS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.