1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved won't sleep windows 7,temporary fix

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DXaster, 2011/02/28.

1. 2011/02/28
    DXaster

DXaster Inactive Thread Starter

Hello,
    When I set to dim say 1 min,It try's to every time ,but won't dim screen.When I set to sleep,It goes to sleep now ,but after 5 min. after set time,ex. set to sleep after 5 min.,It sleeps after 10 min. No matter if its set to defaults are custom plan,Its always 5 min. late,and still won't dim.Also if I set it to turn off display for set time,and have it to also sleep at later time,It will not sleep or turn off after set time,It tries to over and over again,But won't sleep or turn off.After waiting way after time set to sleep,This is when I have power settings to dim after set time,turn off after set time,and later sleep. "

When it's set with turn off display to never,It's as I stated above "I set to dim say 1 min,It try's to every time ,but won't dim screen.When I set to sleep,It goes to sleep now ,but after 5 min. after set time,ex. set to sleep after 5 min.,It sleeps after 10 min. No matter if its set to defaults are custom plan,Its always 5 min. late,and still won't dim.Either way I set it ,It won't dim after set time.If I have turn off display after set time and sleep at later time,It won't do either one.

I have tried several different things,As this is my second post to the following posts below,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...f/thread/6f20f273-9feb-4e7a-b24e-9e63d8683efb

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...f/thread/343d55fa-c572-402b-a67b-8173f6481a29

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=145935.0

The temporary solution to this problem is listed below,

I open "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution" and then "Advanced Settings ", then "Monitor - Properties - Driver - Disable.This was put off as a Nvidia driver problem.

Well I am trying to let the right people know about this issue,Nvidia,Microsoft,Im not so sure it is a Nvidia problem,As the above fix works,And in doing the above fix,You are not disabling the Nvidia driver,What you are doing is disabling the monitor.sys, driver for the generic PnP monitor!You are still using the Nvidia driver for the 8600M GT,This is why you can still have the resolution and it doesn't affect gaming.If you disable the Nvidia driver you won't even get the aero effect in Windows and your resolution will go down.I believe this is a Microsoft problem with the generic PnP monitor driver.I was just wondering if its just happening on msi notebooks,Or is it all generic monitors?I'll have to do more digging,But I going to try and get this to someone who can hopefully resolve this for good,I hope!