1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Update sticking at 0%

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MikeW, 2017/03/12.

1. 2017/03/12
    MikeW

MikeW New Member Thread Starter

My Windows Updates does not go past 0% downloaded. I leave it on for a while then close it completely and once I go to turn off my laptop it will tell me I have 1 or 2 updates to install. Windows Updates tells me I have 19 important and 6 optional updates but I can never get them to download.

2. 2017/03/12
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi MikeW, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :) Have you searched our W7 Forum? This is a continuing problem with WU and W7. I have no problems as I am running W10.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/03/12
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi MikeW. Try Resetting Windows Update and then lets see what is starting up with your machine.

Please download Autoruns. After you download the zipped folder on your desktop, right click the zipped folder and click Extract All. After the folder has been extracted open the regular folder. Run the autoruns.exe program by right clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator. When you open the program, click the Logon Tab and then post a screenshot of all the startup entries on the Logon Tab in your next reply.