1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Update Error 0x80072EFF

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mshah, 2011/01/13.

1. 2011/01/13
    mshah

mshah Inactive Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I having problem to get windows update from my laptop. Every time I did windows updates thru microsoft updates website failure with error code 0x80072EFF.

Currently I'm using Window XP Version 2002 SP3 and Avira for Antivirus

Please assist me to solve this problem....TQ

Last edited: 2011/01/13
  2. 2011/01/13
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi mshah, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

If installing the latest version of Windows Script doesn't work then try this click Start< Run and type the following command regsvr32 /u msctf.dll and hit enter.

Reboot the computer. Can you access Windows Update properly now? If not then I would suspect a malware infection is present on the labtop which is prohibiting you from accessing Windows Update.

If that is the case then please read this and post the required logs in the Malware and Virus Removal Forum.

Also please enter your System Details. It helps us in answering your questions.

Note: A common error is to forget to show your System Details in your profile:

Make sure to do the above when entering your System Details, thanks.

3. to hide this advert.