1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows rejects battery, works for only a few seconds

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by EUnismo, 2011/02/17.

1. 2011/02/17
    EUnismo

EUnismo Inactive Thread Starter

I have an ASUS EEE PC 904HD with Windows XP Home. I used to have a ASUS Li-Ion 6600mAh 7.3 volt battery (Model AL23-901, but it has become very worn out. I bought a (no brand given) 10400mAh 7.4 volt battery (for replacement of AL23-901 and AL24-1000) as a replacement. When the replacement battery is attach, the battery meter says the power remaining is unknown. Even more advance battery meters do not have stats. When the AC power is disconnected, the computer shuts off after about 10 seconds. Might this be an issue with Windows or my ASUS rejecting the battery somehow? Is it the replacement battery itself?

Thanks! :D:D:D

2. 2011/02/18
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi EUnismo. Based on the information you provided I would assume that the battery isn't compatible with the labtop. I assume that you checked the connection between the labtop and the battery to make sure that its connected security? The fact that those software battery meters can't read the batteries power data and the labtop doesn't even work with the battery, tells me that the battery just doesn't work with the labtop.

I would buy the exact same battery as the one that was in the labtop originally. Something that I noticed, is the original battery is a 7.3 volt where the new one is a 7.4 volt battery which could be part of the reason why its not compatible even though it says it is.

3. to hide this advert.