1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows RDP logon

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by warpy55, 2015/12/05.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2015/12/05
    warpy55

warpy55 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi, I have two computers both running Windows 10 Home edition. One is a laptop the other a desktop.

The laptop logs on to my work RDP from the office as well as from home. I took the desktop in as I cannot logon to RDP from home and my IT lady installed a certificate and showed me it successfully logging in at work. I bring it home and it won't login.

I can ping the server successfully from command prompt on the desktop at home.

I go to Windows Firewall and allow other programs and I cannot see RDP in the list of programs. I select browse and even though RDP is on my desktop it doesn't appear as a program I can add. I stop Windows firewall and still cannot connect.

So I have two computers running the same OS although one is 32 bit the other 64 bit, both working through the same router, one wifi connected the other Ethernet hard wire connected and the laptop works and the desktop doesn't.

The message I get on the desktop is...

Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because an error has occurred on the remote computer you want to connect to" I don't wish to bother the IT lady she is a bit frustrated with it as am I. Who can shed light on this??

2. 2015/12/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/12/06
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.