1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows phone pairs but will not connect to laptop

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by arthur277, 2013/10/22.

1. 2013/10/22
    arthur277

arthur277 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have a Nokia Lumia 800, that is a Windows smartphone, with version 7.8. I have a Bluetooth dongle on my HP Pavilion laptop running Win 7 64bit Home Premium, and the phone has found the laptop and the laptop has found the phone. When asked to enter the 8 digit number shown on the computer, I entered it into the phone and the phone is now recognised by the laptop and the phone recognises the laptop.

However the phone will not connect with the laptop, nor can I get the laptop to connect with the phone. There is no such option available on either device..

I have downloaded HP Wireless Assistant and Windows Mobility Center (for Vista 64 bit), but they do not help in any way. HP Wireless Assistant does not recognise the dongle. The dongle is listed in Device Manager and is shown as working normally. Windows Mobility Center is no help. The phone continually searches and is discoverable, but says it is not connected.

The dongle is a USB type made by Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd, but there are not any special drivers available or information on their website. Microsoft and generic bluetooth drivers are loaded.

Any advice gratefully accepted.