1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Mobile forum now that Microsoft has taken over mobile OS's...

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Suggestions' started by CrunchDude, 2007/03/31.

1. 2007/03/31
    CrunchDude

CrunchDude Inactive Thread Starter

Who is with me that we should add a forum for Windows Mobile now that every carrier has at least one, but mostly many Windows Mobile 5 (currently, soon to be 6) devices? The Palm OS is pretty much dead due to the scalability of Windows Mobile. WM also affects all forums here, as many companies integrate it into their servers, workstations, and as mobile Internet is so much part of our lives now.

I run ALL Microsoft Windows editions, Windows XP, Vista and Mobile and, after switching from Palm OS (after I switched from Symbian) to Windows Mobile, I NEVER looked back. I absolutely love it as well as all other OS's from Microsoft, except ME.

What do you guys think?

2. 2007/07/09
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

I've commented on this before but will be happy to do it again:

There are several forums dedicated to Windows Mobile. Adding a forum for WM here won't get us anywhere, this is not the place where WM experts 'hang out', nor where people go to with WM questions.

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/07/20
    CrunchDude

Yup, I remember. I'll delete the link in my sig. Nobody ever even posted once here lol...

So how'd you like California?

Crunch

5. 2007/07/20
    Arie

Had a nice time. The coastal area is nice. Spend some time in the area between San Francisco and Cambria.

Arie,
  6. 2007/07/20
    CrunchDude

Good. I'm glad. I'll be going to Europe again next month for my obligatory visit to see my family. :) My parents were just in Malta. They liked it better than Mallorca or Crete. It's pretty densely populated I hear.

7. 2007/07/20
    Arie

You can say that again.

I'm originally from Holland ( "The Netherlands" to be politically correct). Before Malta joined the EU (2004), The Netherlands was the most densely populated country in the EU with 395 inhabitants per square kilometer (1,023 sq mi)—or 484 people per square kilometer (1,254/sq mi) if only the land area is counted, since 18.4% is water.

After Malta joined, they took over from Holland: Malta's population density is 1,282 per square kilometer (3,322/sq mi), by far the highest in the EU, and one of the highest in the world.

Arie,
  8. 2007/07/22
    CrunchDude

I'm originally from Europe (Germany) and I got out of there as soon as I could. lol...I have been running my own business for 14 years after I sold off my DTH satellite reception equipment company.

I now freelance for IBM and Lenovo (after the sell-off). I have a partner in the U.K. who is reliable and a no nonsense type, which I like. No flaking, no BS. I was wondering if you had your own business, and if so, what the nature of it is. I am guessing you're in IT, as you're running this board, by yourself, presumably, with the exception of a few mods.

I like your value system, as I remember you locking up a thread of mine asking about torrent client for Vista. ;) I hear you on the piracy, but I actually do use torrents for the mere purpose of evaluating whatever software I'd like to try and then I do buy it, if I find it useful enough to justify the cost. I'm about to post a "Vista problems" thread as I am having issues with my $400 Vista Ultimate.

Last edited: 2007/07/22
  9. 2007/07/23
    Arie

Well, I didn't get out as soon as I could, but 1st got out when I was 19/20 for 6 years Germany (near Nienburg). Then back to Holland for a year, then to Malta till now. Time has come for me to move again ;)

I make my living with a few things... I run 2 Web servers for the 'company'... I write articles for HelpWithWindows.com and write the WindowsNewsletter.com Newsletter. I live off a share of the advertising income.

I also sell my own software: http://www.tweakingtoolbox.com/

As to WindowsBBS, that's the site closest to my heart... and I wouldn't say I run this board by myself. The Moderators, WindowsBBS Team Members & several other volunteers are all contributing to make this 'work'.

Arie,
  10. 2007/07/23
    CrunchDude

Cool. So you get tired of places and move on, too, huh? ;) Where are you off to next?

11. 2007/07/23
    Arie

I'd love to get to the US. WA or OR. But the problem is to get a permit to work :(

12. 2007/07/23
    CrunchDude

Funny, I JUST responded to my problem with the Snipping Tool and offered you help with moving here. I think I can help you. And the Pacific Northwest (OR/WA) is an excellent choice! Portland, OR, is always amongst the top five (was # 1 twice in a row one time!) places to live in all of the U.S. It was based on cost of living for what "you get ", little or no violence, people are super-friendly, no state income tax, etc. etc. But first we'll have to get you into the U.S. as a whole lol...

Your computer experience alone and your command of the English language are excellent. So you'd qualify for an H1B visa. If you're really interested, we'll go into further details and actually make it happen.