1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Mail stopped showing message body

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by eaglestar3, 2009/07/17.

1. 2009/07/17
    eaglestar3

eaglestar3 Inactive Thread Starter

Windows Mail suddenly stopped showing messages in the message preview pane, in the open message window and in the compose message window. Headers display normally. As far as we can tell, everything else is working properly. The computer was turned on but idle. Mail worked properly until my wife went to bed. The next morning, she could not see the body of any message. Nothing was changed (by us) between the last time it worked and when it stopped. Nonetheless, I restored to a point a couple of days prior, to no avail. We had a similar problem with OE6 on one of our XP machines, which was never resolved.

OS is Vista Home Premium, on an Acer Aspire x1200 with 4GB RAM

Last edited: 2009/07/17
  2. 2009/07/21
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Don't know if it is the same in Windows Mail as OE, but can you go to View/Preview Pane and take the check out or put it in and apply, reboot the PC and reverse it? How many e-mails in the inbox? It isn't loaded is it?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/07/21
    eaglestar3

Just to clarify for all:

The preview pane is enabled. The message header information is displayed in the preview area normally. Program messages like "No message is selected" or the "Windows Mail did not exit normally" message work fine. The body of any selected message is not visible. If I open the message in a full window, I get all the header and attachment info at the top but the message body is still missing. If I open a compose window, either to reply to or forward a message or to write a new one, I get all the top info but the view/edit screen area is blank, just like the message view in preview.

Antivirus email scanning is disabled. AVG 3.5 free version.

Last edited: 2009/07/21
  5. 2009/07/21
    MrBill

Are you using AVG 3.5 as your Anti Virus? If so, you are a couple of years behind with it. 8.5 has been out for about 5or 6 months now. You need to download it and delete the old version.

6. 2009/07/21
    eaglestar3

Sorry. AVG 3.5.392. Just installed within last two months.

7. 2009/07/21
    MrBill

Do you mean 8.5.392?

8. 2009/07/21
    eaglestar3

Oops. My notes were kind of scribbled; 8 looked like 3. Yes, 8.5.392 is correct. Nonetheless, email scanning is disabled so the version should not affect this issue, n'est ce pas?