1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 8 Game App

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by mharz, 2014/02/20.

1. 2014/02/20
    mharz

mharz Inactive Thread Starter

I've had several e-mail conversations w/Support @ Windows 8 App regarding "time out" while playing a card game. They suggested there's a problem w/Dnscache Service and I should upgrade my Network Card Driver. What is this? How do I do this?

2. 2014/02/21
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi mharz, Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adapters > locate brand and search brand web site and Download Drivers from there. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/02/21
    mharz

mharz Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I followed your instructions. Search results: Windows finds my Drivers are up to date. Seems this is not the problem/solution.

5. 2014/02/21
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Would a "timeout" have anything to do with your web browser. The games are on the Internet aren't they?
    I only use the card games in Windows7 and 8.1. Solitaire/Freecell/Spider/Tripeaks. You get the game from MS Store and it gets installed to your PC and as far as I can tell, these operate within your PC. Neil.