1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 7 Updates - Manually?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by KennyV19, 2016/11/20.

1. 2016/11/20
    KennyV19

KennyV19 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have a system that has an ASUS motherboard. Apparently update KB3133977 destroys the BIOS and prevents the system from starting. I have had my system wiped out twice now trying to figure this one out. ASUS recommended a BIOS change (go to Setup - change OS to 'Other ", etc etc) which I tried but the same thing happened again.

I have formatted and reinstalled Windows 7 Pro for a third time now and have turned Windows Update off. I would like to get the newer updates that are available if there is a way to download them and install only what I want manually.

Is this at all possible? I have reached out to ASUS about this problem and told them their work around does not work on my system. I don't know whether to just sit on this reinstall without worrying about any updates ot to try again with some new advice and hope for the best.

I'm wide open to suggestions! Thanks all!

2. 2016/11/20
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/01/15
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Start\Control Panel\Windows Update: Change Settings. Select from the drop down menu: Download updates but let me choose whether to install them.

lj50,