1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 7 Roadtest

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by darquedante, 2009/01/10.

1. 2009/01/10
    darquedante

darquedante Inactive Thread Starter

Trying out Win 7 on a stock emachine w3622
    Was trying to upgrade from xp home to pro, but my disk had errors; so i figured perfect time to take 7 for a spin.

Because my system was built for XP i figure it would be a good platforom to see how things work on it.
    Ill post all complications here.

So far so good, I had used a previous beta copy (BT download) on the system and only Video (barely) and networking worked, the sound was buggy, so I sent a msg to MS throught the beta's prompt with the information concering how it handled the older realtek audio, nice to see that they had in fixed in four months (or less this si the next beta I have tried since then)

2. 2009/01/10
    BurrWalnut

BurrWalnut Well-Known Member Alumni

I've been running builds 68nn and now 7000 and most XP and Vista programs work. The major exceptions being SuperAntiSpyware which crashes as soon as it's loaded and Fuji Finepix Viewer which cancels during the installation.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/01/11
    darquedante

darquedante Inactive Thread Starter

Pogo will not work, when browsing to there site, they calim that error is on their side, but when I use my 2K3 server it works just fine.