1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 2003, 2008 DOSx

Discussion in 'Windows Server System' started by Havok, 2012/10/22.

1. 2012/10/22
    Havok

Havok Inactive Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

Question from a old timer, I have run a BBS going all the way back to 94 and even though I don't get the amount of people logging in like days of old I still enjoy the hobby.

Question, I run the BBS on top of Windows 2003 32bit OS and all of my doors run fine the dosx window opens up then closes when the person exits the door game. I just bought windows 2008 32bit OS and now I find the with Wildcat Winserver installed the DOSx window opens it hangs for about 20 seconds the closes without ever dropping to the door game. I have put a pause in the batch files on both versions 2003, 2008 and the both show the same info like com1 57600 and so on.

Could anyone tell me if I can change a setting or tweak the registery so as the dosx window opens but then drops to the door game?

Thank you for your time and input!!

Last edited: 2012/10/22