1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 10 Who needs it ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pcbugfixer, 2014/12/01.

1. 2014/12/01
    pcbugfixer

pcbugfixer Inactive Thread Starter

G'day folks,

With all the kerfuffle and hype surrounding Windows 10 and the big deal of not launching Win 9, neither of which had or have a decent Start button with a User friendly Menu structure.

We now play around and give you something and maybe not, but you can have this or that - Go to Purgatory Microsoft for playing the Fiddle (Violin) your breaking my heart.

I have Win 8.1 Pro with the menu from "StartIsBack" been using it on Win 8 and 8.1 ever since it was released. Cost me the exorbitant price of $1.00, jup only $1.00 for each so I purchased a few for my customers and they as I are very happy with the familiar Win 7 Menu. The "StartIsBack" menu is customizable as was / is the case of the Win 7 menu.
    [FONT=&quot] "StartIsBack[/FONT]" for win 8 = v2.1.2 / "StartIsBack" for Win 8.1 = v1.7
    Price has gone up for 1 PC = $2.00 for 2 PC = $4.00 for 5 PC = $8.00

So why don't I give a "Continental Knackwurst" about Win 10 which looks like making the same old mistakes and stuffing around as previous OS's ?
    - Who needs this "Scheibenkleister" - I don't !

Have fun Folks,
    Regards
    pcbugfixer :cool:

Last edited: 2014/12/01
  2. 2014/12/01
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Nice rant - but have YOU tried the Preview???
    FWIW it has a START MENU!!! :D Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/12/01
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Got to agree with you. Seems the M$ hatters still stick around. :confused: There are other choices, but they won't go. :D

5. 2014/12/01
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

6. 2014/12/01
    snorket27

snorket27 Inactive

Just a thought, but does anyone think its possible that Microsoft uses every alternate OS version as a sort of experiment? WinME, Vista, and Win8 - I honestly don't think that their legions of testers and application programmers all thought those OSes were going to be a hit when they were released. Especially Win8 - so many dislike it, and I'd expect a good number of people within Microsoft feel the same way.

I think Microsoft knows that every other OS won't sell well as people will tend to stick to the familiarity of the previous release.

7. 2014/12/01
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Had or have had all of them and didn't have a problem with any of them. I am 73 so the younger generation don't play well with me. I know quite a few "OLDER" people like myself that don't mind "CHANGE ".

Well except for the White House. We accepted it and didn't like it before to long. :)

8. 2014/12/01
    pcbugfixer

Jup, and have you compared the Menu's ? and ability to customize it in Win 10 ?

Regards

9. 2014/12/01
    pcbugfixer

G'day Mr Bill, So we are both 73 (old War Horses :D)

Win OS's still on DOS platform I would think and they keep moving the furniture (File and Folder Structure) around stupid enough to leave the old in the system once you Stop hiding the "Protected OS files" and you can then see them however are not accessible, then they gave you a new Pictures to look at and gave the system a new paint job, incorporate a "Touch Screen" interface that 90% of Windows OS users cant use while needing to create Legal document, Data Base's, Spread Sheets, Graphics for printing, etc
    Even Gamers think the Touch Screen was Shift (Sorry about the misspelling) that leaves about 2% of Users that liked the Touch Screen for Browsing and smearing Jam all over the screen while they were eating their Jam Doughnuts.

You have to LOL thinking about the Nincompoops at MS that think we are stupid and don't notice or that we are not aware of the manipulation of the OS structure to have us believe that they have in fact created a new OS version when it is just a manipulated older OS.

My history with MS OS's goes back to Dos 1.9 I think 1979 or 1980 and all the way up to 8.1, including Server versions and I looked at 10 and uninstalled it for the time being until they come out with an acceptable release.

Still have DOS 6.22, Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Win 95, Win Me, Server 2000 SP4, Win 98, Win XP Pro SP4, Vista, Win 7u, Win 8 / 8.1 Server 2008R2, and Server 2012R2 fully functioning and 3.11 even has access to all my LAN structure and can get on the Internet. While some are not protected buy any Anti-Virus applications I have the ability to scan them through my Network by using the XP or higher to scan the Network Drives with BitDefender Total Security 2015.
    BTW, BD still supports XP !

So much for adding to my Rant - Have fun Folks and remember, be Kind to your Mother-In-Law ;)

[FONT=&quot]Thought for the day[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
    “I may not know what to do, however I know what to look for !”

Regards
    pcbugfixer :cool:[/FONT]

Last edited: 2014/12/02
  10. 2014/12/02
    retiredlearner

I try to keep up with Technology changes and learn in the process. Like having a Smart phone with Touch screen but the move to Tiles in W8/8.1 was a jump too far if you don't have a Touch screen monitor.
    Using Start8 gives you the known mouse operation and familiar access way around the new OS.
    I prefer the W8.1 OS to the old W95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista systems and considering I only started with computers in 1997 you guys have more experience but if you don't keep up with the new systems and get over your hangups - when you get to my age you'll be lost. :D Neil.

11. 2014/12/02
    pcbugfixer

Kiwi Fruit ?

Trust a Kiwi to suggest that we have hangups and don't keep up to-date :p:p:p
    Is a clear case of eating to many Kiwi Fruits fermenting in the grey matter and now would not pass the breathalyser test :D

The Devil made me say all that :eek:;)
    Regards

12. 2014/12/02
    retiredlearner

You forgot the sheep and wooly jumpers.
    I'm old enough to remember when we called Kiwifruit Chinese Gooseberries and they tasted the same. Neil.