1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 10 default admin password?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by basketcase, 2018/05/11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2018/05/11
    basketcase Contributing Member

basketcase Well-Known Member Thread Starter

A friend gave the non-profit where I work an HP Windows 10 desktop he was no longer using. He had taken it to a local shop and had the hard drive reformatted and the unit checked out before he dropped it with us.

It sat on the shelf several weeks and a few days ago I got it out to activate Windows and start installing some software to make it useful.

It won't let me install even a wireless adapter without the administrator password. He doesn't recall what it is.

Is there a way for me to crack that thing or reset the password so I can begin steps to put the unit into service?

The OS is Windows 10 Home Premium.

2. 2018/05/11
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Sorry but our BBS Rules do not allow us to assist with your request. Security and rightful ownership being top priority and MS criteria.
    I can only suggest you contact MS for assistance.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/05/12
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

And FTR, there is no such thing as a "default" admin password. Windows does not come with one when installed. So it had to have been a previous owner who set one.

Bill,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.