1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Win XP

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by Four-Eyes, 2002/01/07.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/07
    Four-Eyes

Four-Eyes Inactive Thread Starter

I'm running a home network with one Mac, a PC with Win98se and 2 PCs with Win XP Pro. We have always used Netscape for mail, because my wife just likes it. Up until Win XP, I could map Netscape to a mailbox on a single machine, and we all saw the same mailbox. Now we have a laptop with Win XP and it 'sees' the machine with the mailbox on it as '/homeserver/c', and not , say, drive 'L' which is 'C' on homeserver. I cannot figure out how to get Netscape to map to /homeserver/c (I even tried editing the prefs.js file, but that didn't work) as Win XP does not assign a drive letter to drives over the network. Without an assigned letter, Netscape doesn't 'see' it. I can live with this ok (just can't recieve mail on the laptop and see it if 'homeserver' already downloaded the mail), but thought someone may have a workaround. 'Sorry this is so long ... easy concept, hard to put into words! Any ideas?

2. 2002/01/07
    Bursley

Bursley Well-Known Member Alumni

Try mapping a drive in Explorer to the share on your other server. Use the drive letter L for the mapping.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/09
    Four-Eyes

Four-Eyes Inactive Thread Starter

That did it. I don't know why I didn't see the 'Map Network Drive' right in front of my face!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.