1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Win 7 restart changes Startup type

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by davidcal, 2016/09/21.

1. 2016/09/21
    davidcal

davidcal Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I use image-making software, which is scheduled to run at 2:00 am certain days. In Services (services.msc), the service for this software must choose "Automatic" as the "Start up Type." When Win 7 is re-started, the "Start Up Type" is changed back to "Manual," and the software will not run as scheduled. No idea why this change of "Start Up Type" occurs, and if there is something to do to prevent the change.
    Thanks for any help.

2. 2016/10/06
    rikki

rikki Well-Known Member

If you change the start-up type in Computer Management/Services, and save your change, it should remember that. I don't know a reason why it wouldn't. However, a workaround might be to add a small script or batch file to change the service as Windows starts. See the following for details: How can I configure a services start-up type from the command line?

3. to hide this advert.