1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Widows Media Player 10 C00D11CD Unknown Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tiggy78, 2007/12/16.

1. 2007/12/16
    tiggy78

tiggy78 Inactive Thread Starter

Error ID = OxC00D11CD, Condition ID = 0x00000000

C00D11CD: Unknown error
    Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to Windows Media Player.

Because this generic message can be displayed in a wide variety of circumstances, there is no single solution.

Above is the details of the error message I got from my player. Basically the issues it's giving me is that now any video files I view with media player or even with divx player can no longer be viewed normally. This problem started when I tried to view a movie that asked to update my licence for media player. I tried to go to fix the problem by going into media player and going into TOOLS then into MANAGE LICENCES then into RESTORE NOW but the error message above showed up.

I also tried uninstalling Divx, uninstalling windows media player and going into regedit and deleting media player related entries to get rid of anything corrupted but didn't work.

Is there a way to repair this? Any help would be awesome thanks!

Also I'm running Windows XP SP2 with NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 and got all my windows updates up to date as well as avast antivirus up to date and have spybot search and destroy which didn't come up with any errors.

Last edited: 2007/12/16
  2. 2007/12/16
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

tiggy78 - Welcome to the Board :)
    Have you looked in Event Viewer for possible clues?

(Right click My Computer Icon > Manage > Event Viewer)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/12/16
    tiggy78

tiggy78 Inactive Thread Starter

Resonse to Pete

Just checked out the event viewer and it doesn't show anything I'm looking for.

5. 2007/12/16
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Any errors are unlikely to reference Media Player .....
    It's a bit of a long shot, but you could try upgrading to WMP 11.