1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Why I Haven't Posted

Discussion in 'Test Posts' started by funnyfarm35, 2012/06/02.

1. 2012/06/02
    funnyfarm35

funnyfarm35 Inactive Thread Starter

I joined 11 months ago and got as far as reading all the rules. I felt completely intimidated. (I got out my dictionary so I could spell intimidated.) I am 71. I think that this site is a very good idea, but someone is so into control that it will scare off a lot of people; me included. Bye the way, in rule number one, it should be "used" not "use ". I don't know if that is a spelling error or an error in grammar, or both. (Used dictionary to check spelling of grammar.) My eyesight is not the best; my hands are crippled with arthritis and my brain often takes a hiatus without notice. I will try downloading the spell checker again. I did it once, but while it is on the computer, is not usable when I need it. I am running Windows 7 on an HP laptop and have MSN dial-up. Lynne

2. 2012/06/03
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Shouldn't that be:
    By the way

The word "bye" (with a trailing "e ") is used to express farewell . . . an abbreviation of "goodbye" and/or the baby-talk version "bye-bye ".

:)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2012/06/04
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Lynne, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :) Keep that dictionary handy - it proves you know how to use one.
    Let's know if you have any problems and I'm sure that someone will endeavour to find an answer for you. Cheers Neil.
    From one septuagenarian to another septuagenarian.

5. 2012/06/04
    funnyfarm35

funnyfarm35 Inactive Thread Starter

This is exactly the sort of thing that I was afraid of if I posted. So I was correct with the bye. Bye bye, Lynne