1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Who is trying W10 Preview?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by retiredlearner, 2014/10/12.

1. 2014/10/12
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member Thread Starter

I had no end of problems trying to Download W10 Preview all because my new ISP had "bugs" in their UFB user plan.
    I found out that I was one of many who couldn't Download much more than 150MB's before it "Failed ".
    The ISP finally got it sorted and I Downloaded the ISO (3.8GB's) in just under 20 minutes and burned the image to DVD and installed the Preview.
    All went smoothly and there were no hiccups installing M/B drivers from my DVD and other nececssary Software for use. Mozilla FF & TB and Libre Office - the usual ones you use.
    Defender seems to be working OK - but I have installed Classic Shell as I didn't find the new desktop easy to work around.
    Anyone else enjoying the 'drive' in W10? Neil.

2. 2014/10/12
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member

Been busy working of late, but I would like to try this soon.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/10/13
    retiredlearner

I got a message yesterday saying that further install to complete on HP printer was necessary. It asked me to use the CD that came with the printer.
    Previously on earlier Windows OS's when that request came, there were little problems. This time it went as smooth as. ;)
    The only problem so far is that you can't play games (Freecell etc.) You can Download from the Store but they won't play. Neil.

5. 2014/10/13
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

6. 2014/10/30
    retiredlearner

I've just spent about 2 hours cleaning up 'c--p' that invaded in the form of 'Pups" etc,. :eek:
    I hadn't installed MalwareBytes, Super Anti Spyware, ADW cleaner.
    The OS started to slow down and did not respond as quickly as it should and I was getting all these surveys and prize offers (Google was in one) but after Downloading the above and running them, the comp is back to normal speed.:D

Anyone trying the Windows Technical Preview (W10) should install Anti-Malware and Spyware as the Preview won't stop/block 'C--p'. Neil.

7. 2014/10/31
    SpywareDr

8. 2014/11/03
    masterroming

masterroming Well-Known Member

Depending on your Browser, and which websites you tend to frequent of course...

9. 2014/11/03
    SpywareDr