1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

White Line On Post

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by johnberb, 2002/01/11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/11
    johnberb

johnberb Inactive Thread Starter

I am getting an approx. 1/2" wide white line that moves quickly from left to right and breakes up to a broken line as it gets twards the right side of the display.

This situation occures each time my system is restarted and shows up just after the screen becomes black after reporting BIOS settings and just before the Windows XP Black Boot Screen.

My O.S. is Windows XP (Home) -- Did a clean install
    Video Card: ATI Redeon 7200
    ATI Driver v6.13.3276
    Monitor Sony GDM 20SEII 20" Trinitron (Not one of the new Flat Panels)
    Mother Board ABIT KT7A-RAID (Not using the RAID Platform)
    Chipset VIA KT-133
    VIA 4 in 1 Driver Service Pack 4.37v
    CPU AMD Athelon Firebird 1.2 Gig
    RAM 512 MB PC133
    Award Bios Latest Version 6.00 PG

I have been in contact with Leverl II Tech Support at ATI and at this time they are stumped? I did change various CMOS settings per their instructions - Installed latest VIA 4 in 1 Drivers - and still have this problem?

Perhaps if anyone out there has experienced this problem you might drop a post or send me an email?

Thanks So Much,

2. 2002/01/11
    DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Inactive

A generic kind of question: have you done a thorough virus scan? One never knows THAT those li'l buggers will do.

Is this the only time the effect appears? And does it occur on a different monitor (if you have the luxury of owning two monitors)?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/11
    johnberb

johnberb Inactive Thread Starter

I subscribe to McAfee Online so I am always as current as possible on anti-virus versions and do a thourugh scan every couple of days.

I only have the one monitor.

I spoke again with Level II Support at ATI today and they are going to replace the card to me as it carries a 3 year warranty.

Thanks so much for the follow up.

:)

5. 2002/01/11
    DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Inactive

Sounds good. Let us know if it fixed the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.