1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Where is IE 10?

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by Purple Haze, 2014/03/09.

1. 2014/03/09
    Purple Haze Lifetime Subscription

Purple Haze Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I removed IE 11 according to published instructions because it was causing issues with some programs. I then downloaded IE 10 install from MS and attempted to install it. I don't know what happened, but when I know select the IE 10 installation, I'm told it didn't complete, that IE 10 is already installed on the PC. I can see three different iexplore.exe files on the C: drive, but none of these will actually start IE. Also, IE is not listed in the Programs and features portiin of the control panel. I can't delete the inet folders because I don't have enough permissions (yes, running as admin on the box). Any ideas what to do next, other than getting out the Win7 DVD?

2. 2014/03/09
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Purple Haze, W7 comes with IE8, so from there WU will bring in IE9/10/11.
    According to what I've seen before, uninstalling IE11 should put IE10 back in use.
    You may have to visit MS to get a Download of IE10 and Run it.

Download Internet Explorer 10 Neil.

Last edited: 2014/03/09

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/03/09
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

You uninstall IE 11 and it should of reverted back to IE 10 (if that was the last version you had). Same for 10 reverting back to 9 etc.

It is listed in Installed updates in the Control Panel/Programs and Features. View installed updates on the left side near the top.

Where did you read about all these problems at?

Last edited: 2014/03/10
  5. 2014/03/10

With IE 11, my wife said certain web sites just would not load, which I found was true, even using compatibility. I disabled IE 11 in the control panel, then uninstalled it. I downloaded the IE10 installer from the Microsoft site. Trying to run the installer, it says it can't finish, that it is already installed. Well, that may be - and I can see three (3) iexplore.exe files in the Programs area of my C: drive. NONE of them will start IE, however, and IE10 does NOT show up in either a program to be uninstalled in Control Panel or in "Turn Windows Features on or off. "

6. 2014/03/12

As I mentioned I have three I explore.exe files (all IE10 I think) but none of them will 'start', saying ie10 is already installed. BUT, there is no IE icon to actually start IE. The program is NOT listed in 'Programs and files' in control panel.

7. 2014/03/12
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Where are you finding "Programs and Files" at. There is no Program and Files that I know of. Programs and Features is on all the PC's that I have and have worked on. The version of IE is listed there under View installed updates on the left side near the top

8. 2014/05/07

MrBill,

Sorry for not getting back to you. I meant to say Programs and Features. Twas a bad day, just going back to work after knee surgery.

I don't know what I finally did, but all seems to be working OK now IE-wise. Thanks!

9. 2014/05/07
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Please mark your thread as 'Resolved'.