1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved What is this Recycle Bin error!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by BobbyScot, 2017/04/27.

1. 2017/04/27
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

I find when using CCleaner to clean computer, concerning the Recycle Bin. That a file saved on an external hard drive but not in the Recycle Bin, proceeds to erase this file, that is part of a software program. Pressing cancel stops erasing file on the ex-HD. If the ex-HD is disconnected prior to using CCleaner, no action is taken within the Recycle Bin procedure. Opening the Recycle Bin, this file is not shown. I must say this error has never crop up since my taking up with computers. Has anyone come up with this error? It is not too bad, as long as I remember to uncouple the Hard Drive in question.

2. 2017/04/27
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Make sure that file/folder isn't listed in CCleaner > Options > Include. This is where you can select additional files and folders you wish CCleaner to remove.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/04/27
    BobbyScot

At present option is completely empty. It is rather complicated - part of file " HD is solely used for separate files saved and in turn within each of the files, each file has up to 20 saved files. More of a Data base. Example: John, Peter, Archie. Now Archie has 20 entries saved and one of the entries is showing in Recycle Bin. CCleaner is trying to erase this file when the HD is connected to the computer. Of all the entries saved on the HD, this particular entry is the cause of error. I have even taken out the entry in Archie, this makes no difference as error is prominent. Only on HD disconnected or CCleaner entry System "Empty Recycle Bin" box is unticked that error is not shown.

5. 2017/04/27
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

6. 2017/04/27
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

A simple solution/workaround - uncheck Recycle Bin in CCleaner and empty it manually.

Incidentally do you have the latest version of CC - 5.29.6033?

7. 2017/04/27
    BobbyScot

PeteC, thanks for the reminder, CCleaner was not up to date, though it is set to Auto for this. Reason for having Recycle Bin ticked is that, CCleaner is set for Secure Deletion at 35 passes. As you say, I have two choices untick box for System empty recycle bin or disconnect the external HD.

8. 2017/05/16
    BobbyScot

Certainly it is partially solved but not able to use CCleaner Recycle bin as is.