1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved What causes scripts to not respond?

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by KAL, 2014/06/04.

1. 2014/06/04
    KAL

KAL Inactive Thread Starter

I am using the up to date version of FF. I have done a restart and even set up different user accounts but this continues and is very annoying. It is especially bad when on Facebook but when I use an extension to shut them off, I get a notice that they must be on to have the page function properly.

Is there a way to get around this? It is driving me crazy!!!

KAL,
  2. 2014/06/04
    antik

antik Well-Known Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/06/04
    KAL

antik, I do have YesScript enabled and when I blacklist the facebook page, it won't load any posts.

I have reset firefox without any extensions, gone thru every support post and I can't seem to get it to work. Windowsbbs was my last resort as I hate to ask for help and take up your time with something that seems like such an easy fix. This started to happen around version 26 and has progressively gotten worse with each update. I was hoping that as I updated, this would have been a bug they might have fixed.

Maybe my only choice is to totally remove Firefox and reload it. What do you think?

KAL,
  5. 2014/06/04
    antik

antik Well-Known Member

Remove and reinstall is worth a try. I use firefox 29.0.1 with XP SP3 32bit using NoScript, Adblock, WOT and DoNotTrackMe. I have no problems with Facebook, or any other site.

6. 2014/06/05
    KAL

Well, I have the same thing installed as you antik so I would have to think that somewhere along the line, in an update, something got misconstrued in FF. Yesterday, each time I would open a link in another tab, it would open two tabs. Randomly it has done some strange things so I suppose I have to blame it on my slow DSL link not getting everything downloaded as it should.

I dread this because I have so many bookmarks and special toolbar links that I am afraid that I'll loose them all. I'll sync them all to another computer, plus backup and export them. Fingers crossed!!

KAL,
  7. 2014/06/05
    antik

antik Well-Known Member

One thing different in your system details is 64 bit operating system. Firefox is 32 bit software and will not run 64 bit plugins. When you reinstall everything, be sure everything tied to ff is 32 bit. Try ff plain vanilla and if it works ok on facebook, then add stuff back in slowly. Using NoScript I have allowed everything on the Facebook site.

There were some problems in the past on a computer with Avast! on Facebook. Installing a different AV resolved the problem.