1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Web mail folders to hard disk

Discussion in 'Web Applications & Cloud' started by jobeppo, 2011/10/30.

1. 2011/10/30
    jobeppo

jobeppo Inactive Thread Starter

Hi,

Had a bad experience with yahoo mail where it was hacked and I lost everything I had saved there.

I have currently been using aol web mail and I want to avoid another diasaster so I am looking for a way to move my aol webmail folders of saved emails off and to my hard disk..

If anyone knows a way to do this I would great to learn how.

I would hate to loose everthing. I had thought about using a pop account although this is my work computer and I didn't want to interfere with the email clients already on this laptop...

Thanks!
    JoeD

2. 2011/10/30
    Westside

Westside Inactive Alumni

I have set up my Yahoo and AOL mail, in Thunderbird and Seamonkey as IMAP accounts, port 143. The server is imap.n.mail.yahoo.com for Yahoo, and imap.aol.com for AOL. The username is your username for AOL, and username@yahoo.com for Yahoo.
    I use both as free and secondary accounts, and never had a problem.

I see that it was moved. I understand that Joe D was vague, but I don't understand the reasoning about the move. He did not say that the hacking occurred in his webmail, although it is possible, and he just said that he was using AOL in Webmail. To me his question tells me that he was not sure about he he should set up a pop account. As for moving folders from Webmail to regular mail, I have no clue on the possibility.
    I hope that he finds his question. Since he had posted in the particular group, I had given him the benefit of the doubt, and specified the programs that I was using.

Last edited: 2011/10/30

3. to hide this advert.