1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Want to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by GeoffG, 2006/05/30.

1. 2006/05/30
    GeoffG

GeoffG Inactive Thread Starter

I need to totally remove Outlook 2003 from my system and then reinstall it.
    The .PST files have been previously removed from the system. There are no backups.

I uninstalled Outlook 2003 using Control Panel ->Add/Remove Programs, and restarted the system. I then re-installed Outlook using the default installation settings. When I ran Outlook, it said that it could not find the .PST files in the previous installation. I was able to create these two file and able to load Outlook.

I then unistalled Outlook using the original installation CD, but found the same problem

However, I really need to create an entirely new default installation with no reference at all to any previous installation. As the .PST files have been removed from the hard drive, I presume that there may be entries in the Registry.

Can anyone help me to create a totally new installation of Outlook 2003 so that there is no reference to any previous installation?

Thanks
    GeoffG

2. 2006/05/31
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/06/07
    GeoffG

GeoffG Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks for the info Arie.
    I've been away, hence the late response.
    I will test and get back
    GeoffG