1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

w2k can't change CD settings in device manager

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by jonasolof, 2002/01/12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/12
    jonasolof

jonasolof Guest Thread Starter

Hi
    I have a problem with my TEAC 512 E CRW whith NERO, Various sites recommend changing settings of the CDRW in device manager: auto insert notification, DMA, disconnection and transfer of synchronized data (this transalted fr french)

I can easily find this in w98 on another PC but those tabs do not exist under properties in the w2k device manager.

Thanks for any advice

Jonas

2. 2002/01/12
    pd374

pd374 Inactive

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/12
    jonasolof

Thanks for the thread to windows support. I am sorry, but it does not work - there is no advanced options tab. I follow the instructions and expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. The following is available: Intel 82801A Ultra ATA controller
    Ultra ATA Channel
    Ultra Ata Channel

Well I don't know which one to click for the CDRW but that hardly matters. The only tabs available are General, Driver and Resources. Nowhere is an advance tab to be found.

BTW the options shown are the same that I can accesss going directly to device manager under system without going over computer managment.

Could some options be hidden due to other settings?

Regards

Jonas

5. 2002/01/13
    jonasolof

w2k - CDRW problem solved

Using google, I found a thread on the TREAC CDRW in french bbs forums.infoprat.net that helped, although it relates to a similar problem to mine in w98. I installed the latest upgrade to NERO burning software, the only effect being that the error message read unspecific error instead of the IDE errors etc reported earlier.

First, set CDRW as master (on second channel) and CD as slave (on first). This was the opposite to what I had, so I changed. Then I found the Intel Ultra ATA Companion program which has certain options for setting ATA- parameters. But reading more, I found that there is an upgrade called Intel application accelerator which replaces the Companion. I installed this (after first installing the installation utility). See support.intel.com. (you have to look around for the installation utility, it was not available on one link provided)

Now ATA parameters can be set and CD/CDRW settings are seen (although some are grayed out). However, burning data (photos) worked fine without changing any parameters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.