1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

W10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by retiredlearner, 2015/03/05.

1. 2015/03/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member Thread Starter

Just received Build 9926 yesterday. It took 1 hour 10 minutes to install and setup. I had a look around and noticed Windows Update seems missing. Shut down and left it till this morning.
    This morning on Start it took some time for W10 to get to Desktop - I think it was still going through setup procedure. I got informed that there was a new Update ready to install. This was in Security & Maintenance and gave a lot more info about the Update than previously.
    It's working very smoothly and very quick response to opening Browser and Email. :):) Neil.

2. 2015/03/05
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Is an ISO being offered. If I do an auto update to the next build it installs an AMD ATI graphics driver that gives me a black screen and I have to reinstall from scratch. So I create a DVD-RW disk with the latest ISO Build.

lj50,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/03/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member Thread Starter

Hi lj50, I signed up as an Insider and have an ISO burnt to DVD and installed on my dedicated HD. Since then the Updates come to you automatically through WU for the W10 Preview:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows/preview-iso
    Make sure you read the page fully!
    I think the first Build was 9860 followed by Update 9879 (Dec 2014) and the latest 9926 (Feb 2015)
    In answer to your question I found this link:http://www.askvg.com/new-update-build-of-windows-10-technical-preview-now-available-for-download/
    If you start with the first build (9860) an ISO was the way to start. Since then the Updates will be applied through WU automatically.
    This is my understanding of the procedure and may be corrected by someone who is more knowledgeable. Neil.

Last edited: 2015/03/05
  5. 2015/03/05
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Thanks

lj50,
  6. 2015/03/11
    buzzmag

buzzmag Well-Known Member

Installed it on a partition I no longer needed. It looked OK for the brief time it ran but a reboot ended the fun. Then had a mesage saying the 'explorer' was not running and nothing I could do to fix it. To make matters worde, the supposed rollback didn't work.

I'll wait for the official release.