1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Views on justgetflux.

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by BobbyScot, 2016/04/10.

1. 2016/04/10
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

ComputerActive recommends a software title named "justgetflux.com ". Apparently the article mentions that excessive "Blue colour" in the "Brightness" setting can be harmful to one's eye sight. Setting of the "Blue" density is controlled by where the computer is located and the time of day current. "Brilliance" is red tinge/white during light hours, and light orange tinge (halogen) during dark hours. Effects are quite good, though dark hours rather too light orange. After an evening session on the computer, eyes can feel strange until it wears off after a few minutes. Comments will be most appreciated.

2. 2016/04/10
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Bobby, individual eye makeup can be a problem, but I would advise taking any tips from your optician rather than installing software on your comp.
    I find that the usual advice of sitting at least a metre away from your screen and adjust the screen resolution to suit your needs works for me. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/04/10
    BobbyScot

retiredlearner, a visit to the Optician is cost effective as you are allowed only one free consultation per calendar year, other than if eye sight has sufficiently deteriorated since last visit. Personally, I do wear glasses, though I can see equally well with or without glasses, and at 85 years of age. I can read/write on computer adequately at 2ft from monitor. Computer desk that I use is certainly not over 3ft+ (1 Meter) in depth. My main interest in this instance is, cutting down the "Blue colour" advantageous to eyes or not. Certainly I asked a question on this Forum, as to cut down the "white brightness" while usage of reading black lettering on a "White background ". Thanks for your response, Bobby.

5. 2016/04/10
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Are you still having trouble reading on you computer. Read the review and thenm make sure you read the comments at the bottom of the page F Lux Review

Last edited: 2016/04/10
    lj50,
  6. 2016/04/25
    BobbyScot

F.Lux is easy to install and found after a few days use, made the monitor screening easier on the eyes. I, personally like the colour effects especially viewing video films in a dark room. Daylight viewing is also improved. Worth a try.

7. 2016/04/25
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Glad to hear it works.

lj50,
  8. 2016/04/25
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

That is one more than we get here in the USA. Unless you are one of the welfare moochers.

9. 2016/04/25
    BobbyScot

Well, it is not really free as we pay a weekly National Health Tax.