1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Video Problem sending Output to TV via HDMI

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by papernpaste, 2014/06/26.

1. 2014/06/26
    papernpaste Lifetime Subscription

papernpaste Old Man Thread Starter

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z570 laptop that is a few years old. We stream numerous movies and have been watching them on my Older Big Screen TV with a 4 meter HDMI cable.

All worked fine for months until recently when, abruptly, the lower 65% of the TV screen is solid black, eliminating control of the video. The upper 35% looks perfectly normal. Audio is not affected. I've been concerned for some time that, eventually, the HDMI connection would begin to get "play" in it and we couldn't enjoy watching movies on the big screen but, I'm not sure that the connection on the laptop is the problem.

Has anyone ever experienced this type of video failure?

Thanks

2. 2014/06/26
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

HCMI cables are cheap. You can pick one up for 5 bucks at Wally World. No need to buy one to the expensive ones.

Does the movie play fine on the laptop?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/06/27
    papernpaste Lifetime Subscription

papernpaste Old Man Thread Starter

Yes, the video plays fine on the laptop. I should have replaced the HDMI before I posted but, didn't. I have another and will do that and post again, later. Thanks