1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Verizon - Galaxy S5 Marshmellow

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by TonyT, 2016/06/30.

1. 2016/06/30
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    echo $experienced;
    Verizon started rolling out an over-the-air update today for its Galaxy S5 phones. It's called a Software Update but it also updates Android Lollipop to Android Marshmellow, the newest version.

So far, so good on my S5.

2. 2016/06/30
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Computer Experience:
    intermediate
    You'll like Android Version 6 Marshmallow Tony. I rooted my S4 and installed CMG13 back in January as the OTA Samsung upgrade from Jellybean to Lollipop stuffed up and I lost Menu,Home and Return buttons.:eek: (many others had the same problem with their OTA from Samsung. We couldn't go back to Jellybean. There was no fix from Samsung:mad: so I did the root and flash and the phone works perfectly and all keys and buttons work. Nothing ventured - nothing gained. :D

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/07/01
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    echo $experienced;
    I'd love to root my S5 but the Verizon S5 is a pita to root. Requires going back to original stock OS and upgrading from there. Hit or miss too. There's no definitive guide I've found, just a plethora of different methods, none of which appear fully workable.