1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [Using Belarc advisor]

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by nolacs22, 2014/01/21.

1. 2014/01/21
    nolacs22

nolacs22 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Anyone used Belarc advisor?It seems useless to me I can't understand HTML.It says it displays in the browser, but I don't get it, and you have to give it UAC?if you do that how do you get it back?:eek:

2. 2014/01/21
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member

A lot of people use it to verify if their computer has Windows security updates installed, and it is good for listing things like software licenses, a list of installed programs, etc.

HTML (an acronym for HyperText Markup Language) is nothing more than a programing language that allows the end user to view interactive text and graphics in your web browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.).

Once you give Belarc UAC permission, it is only good for that one session. If you click on Belarc another time, the UAC prompt will appear again.

nolacs22 likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/01/21
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Have used Belarc for years. Especially good when working on somebody's PC and you have to do a reinstall of the OS and programs. Gives you the Key Codes that you need.
    Also gives you lots of info about the PC all in one place.

nolacs22 and James Martin like this.
  5. 2014/01/21
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi nolacs22, I've used Belarc Advisor for about 8 years and it gives you a full Profile of the comp. It will tell you if there are any MS updates missing or whether they have installed correctly.
    You can find all your Product keys for Software Licenses installed in your comp.
    Prior to UAC being part of MS OS's, there was no need to allow permission to Belarc to operate. I have no problem with it. Neil.

nolacs22 and bribiec like this.
  6. 2014/01/22
    virginia Lifetime Subscription

virginia Geek Member

I too have use Belarc Advisor for many years. I help many of my friends and neighbors with computer problems and when I make a call, the first thing I do, if the computer's not too messed up, is install, run, and print Belarc Advisor. Gives me most of the information I need (except passwords) to troubleshoot their computer without waiting for them to dig up information for me or without having to hunt around the computer.

nolacs22 likes this.
  7. 2014/02/18
    nolacs22

Thanks all, you have answered pretty much of what i wanted to know.

8. 2014/02/18
    nolacs22

I have marked this as solved