1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

upgrade from xp home to xp pro on sony vaio

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Somar, 2003/12/28.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2003/12/28
    Somar

Somar Inactive Thread Starter

Recently I decided to upgrade my lap top from xp home to pro. after the successful install of xp (or so I thought), the machine reboots its self but never comes onto the logon screen. I get a message, but only for an instant, after the Windows XP professional logo comes up stating somethig to the effect of
    " Error - not enough quota:
    not enough virtual memory or page file quota is not available to complete operation"
    The machine then loops back to the post and the whole proccess starts up again only to get stuck in this continous loop. I've tried to repair with the XP cd with no success. Also I've triied to enter in safe mode, safe mode with command promt, last known good. No good. I do not want to reformat because I do not want to loose the manufactures set up. I cannot use the recovery console because (for some reason) the machine no longer recognizes my administrator password. Any suggesstions?

2. 2003/12/28
    Newt

Newt Inactive

This probably describes the source of your recovery console logon failure and contains a fix.

My best suggestion to you is one you already said you don't want and that's to do a clean install of XP-pro. Otherwise I'm afraid you'll keep running to a variety of annoyances.

Newt,

3. to hide this advert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.