1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Update - Anniversary Edition Not Installed

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by virginia, 2017/12/21.

1. 2017/12/21
    virginia Lifetime Subscription

virginia Geek Member Thread Starter

Just checked my link to the original Thread and it doesn't work. I will see if I can figure out how to do that.

2. 2017/12/21

Another try at the link. Looks like I really botched up my above post.

Resolved - Anniversary Edition Not Installed

Update 4 months later:

The computer has been working fine so I opted to not go any further with attempts to install Version 1709 and planned to replace it with a new computer in the near future.

Today (December 21), I got a Microsoft notice that the Creator Update was ready to install. It pretty much started on it's own and spent about 4 hours in the process. I was very apprehensive as my previous manual attempts (direct download and install from Microsoft Catalog and then Creation Media) had stalled well into the process and it always reverted back to the state before the upgrade attempt started. To my amazement, the install completed and the computer now has Version 1709 installed. I guess I saved the cost of a new computer. Sometimes procrastination pays off.

So again, thanks to all who tried to get me squared away several months ago.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/12/21
    Christer

Christer Geek Member Staff

5. 2017/12/21

Thanks Christer. I think I got it fixed in Post #2 - I hope.

6. 2017/12/21
    Christer

Christer Geek Member Staff

You're welcome, our posts crossed paths!

7. 2017/12/21
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Robert, I just got the latest "Insider" build last night (17063.1000) and it started to download at around 5.45pm. I went to bed at 12.30am and left it to finalize the install - so I don't know how long it took!!!
    All was OK this morning and because it's not my main comp, I just leave it to do it's thing when updates come in. This is the longest I've had so far. Merry Xmas.