1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Unknown DLL error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Purple Haze, 2014/02/18.

1. 2014/02/18
    Purple Haze Lifetime Subscription

Purple Haze Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1; Dual-core P E6500 @2.93; 4 G RAM; NVIDIA GForce 210

After starting computer and win 7, get message as follows:

Users\Hayes\AppData\Local\Temp\swpepnb\sbrbifj\wow.dll

is missing. I've searched everywhere I can think of to try and find out what this actually pertains to. I can get to the \Temp folder, but there is nothing in that folder that has the last three portions of the message in it.

Any Ideas? TIA!!

2. 2014/02/18
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Purple Haze.

Lets see what is starting up with the machine.

Please download and run Autoruns. After you download the zipped folder on your desktop, right click the zipped folder and click Extract All. After the folder has been extracted open the regular folder. Run the autoruns.exe program by right clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator. When you open the program click the Logon Tab and then post a screenshot of the Logon Tab in your next reply.

Purple Haze likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/02/19
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Read this post, then post the requested log(s) in the Malware and Virus Removal forum.

5. 2014/02/19
    Purple Haze Lifetime Subscription

Purple Haze Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Evan,
    Arie suggested I do malware scans and such first, then post results in that forum. When I ran autoran, it did show me two items under 'Explorer' in the registry that mentioned that .dll issue. They were highlighted in pink.

6. 2014/02/20
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

The wow.dll entry is known to be a malicious file so your computer is definitely infected with malware.