1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Unactivated Windows OE

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by demon, 2015/08/22.

1. 2015/08/22
    demon

demon Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi I have a Leader 10 Tablet with W8.1, ( 6 months old) it has been working great and today it would not open up my mail (WLM), just kept looking for ever, so I did a hard shut down to stop that , then it said it can't find Windows,(Win32) So I checked the system settings and it said to activate Windows , so I did that and it is still doing the same thing.
    Can it deactivate Windows by it self ?
    I have my desktop system details in my Profile , I could not find a place to put anymore.
    It will connect to WIFI OK , but most things just lock -up.
    Any suggestions,
    Thanks Des.

2. 2015/08/22
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Can you get into Safe Mode? Try a System Restore? Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/08/22
    demon

demon Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi, Neal, I tried a recovery before but nothing responded, ( in std mode), but I do not know how to get into safe mode in W8.1 on the Leader Tab10W32.
    I will try to find it on the net, or if you can tell me.

I just tried it again, it jammed the same and I tried a Restart instead of Shut Down , and it jammed , so I did a hard shutdown and when I fired it up again it is working OK again????
    I have run thru most functions and it all seem Ok. ???. That worries me ,I don't know exactly what I did. Thanks for your reply, Cheers Des.

5. 2015/08/22
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

The old shut down and Restart trick worked again. :D If everything is back to normal and AOK would you consider this Resolved? Please mark if so. Thanks Neil.