1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Vista [Unable to update Vista Business 32 bit: 8020002B and 80200053]

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by mike0921, 2011/02/17.

1. 2011/02/17
    mike0921

mike0921 Inactive Thread Starter

I can't update this machine, when checking the Register DLL files:
    the following displayed the message that they weren't loaded. First time I have done anything with DLL files:
    wuapi.dll
    wuaueng.dll
    atl.dll
    wucltui.dll
    wups.dll

I checked these particular ones becuase Windows Update wouldn't install some 90 updates that it displayed I needed and were "ready to install "
    I have windows update set for Automatic, everything, imortant, recomended etc..

but it won't install the 90 some updates it lists.... gives me errors 8020002B and 80200053.

How do I load the dll files that cmd line info tells me aren't loaded, listed above? Or wha am I missing that fixes the issue with the Update?

edit:
    I should add, this is on a clean install, nothing on the machine but Avira Free A/V and ZoneAlarm free Firewall... I read that Dell CrapWare could get in the way, is that so? Am using Comcast Broadband, have been for years on my HP's...
    I should know maybe, how to do this, but been on it too long and am determined not to let this thing beat me to bed!!
    I'm reading other posts but havn't stumbled onto what is probably such a basic question....
    I am also on my HP G62 asking this not the Dell.

Thanks,
    Mike
    from the hills of WV and space in my mind....

Last edited: 2011/02/17
  2. 2011/02/17
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Mike. Try running the Microsoft Fix It Tool from here, How do I reset Windows Update components?

Also please enter your System Details. It helps us in answering your questions.

Note: A common error is to forget to show your System Details in your profile:

Make sure to do the above when entering your System Details, thanks.

mike0921 likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/04/03
    mike0921

mike0921 Inactive Thread Starter

This is my first time using a forum for help. I apolgize for not being more thoughtfull with the process.
    Evan, thanks for the tip. The Fix It tool didn't "fix it "... but it led to a new thought which led me to new directions. Eventually, the thought occured to me that the HDD was dead so I took it in to Office Depot, (something that I was never going to do, here they use the "bait and switch" so much... and they "looked at it" told me that the drive had failed and I needed a new one, for $60 US. That and another $120 for labor and their "knowledge ". I think they were being straight up with me, their explanations seemed logical and fit what little I know. And fit what I had read at Microsoft while using the Fix It tool, and fit what I had read around in here as well, so again, thanks for the lead
    And again, I'm sorry for leaving this open so long after I resolved the issue. It's new to me and I need to follow a checklist until I get the habit of common sense and respect for everyone taking their time here.
    So, thanks, Sorry, Will do better as time goes on!

5. 2011/04/03
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Glad you were able to get your problem resolved. :)