1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

unable to sign into hotmail

Discussion in 'Web Applications & Cloud' started by ladytabitha, 2010/09/28.

1. 2010/09/28
    ladytabitha

ladytabitha Inactive Thread Starter

I had an account in hotmail. I tried to sign in earlier this month (September) and was unable to get in. I have tried several times and the system appears to be going into a loop. Please help.

2. 2010/09/28
    mopar Lifetime Subscription

mopar Well-Known Member

Not much help, but, I just tried my account, worked O.K.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/09/28
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi, There used to be a time factor with Hotmail - if you didn't use it once a month - it lapsed. I don't know whether this still applies, but you may have to re-apply for an account. Cheers Neil.

5. 2010/10/15
    braindead

braindead Inactive

if i remember correctly it was 60 days of inactivity not 30 also when that happens for a while at least (i think the next 30 days) when you try logging back in you would get a message saying the account was disabled for inactivity and it would give you the option to reactivate it while loosing all the email stored in the account.

i know of ppl who had similar problem they couldnt sign it from the browser but they could access there inbox by using msn.

if that doesn't work try clearing internet cash and cookies also i recommend virus scan (try an online virus scan)
    only 2 i remember are:
    http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    i haven't used any in ages so idk if they are still any good.

edit: i use to like panda better, but with panda you had to clean up your system manually, save the log file in your root directory as txt then reboot and log in in safe mode and delete the bad files one by one.

good luck

Last edited: 2010/10/15